Cryptocurrencies: The State of Decentralized Finance in San Francisco, USA
Meter brings together panelists and presenters to give a unique perspective on “The State of Decentralized Finance (DeFi)." The panel will feature a mix of founders, team members and venture capitalists.
Moderator: Xiaohan Zhu, Founder and CEO at Meter and Former Managing Director at JD Capital.
- Matt Taylor - Marketing Lead, 0x
- Calvin Liu - Strategy Lead, Compound
- Zhuoxun Yin - Head of Operations, dy/dx
- Alex Soong - Co-founder, Set Protocol
- Justin Gregorius - Business Operations, CoinList
- Joey Krug - Co-Chief Investment Officer, Pantera Capital
- Paul Veradittakit - Partner, Pantera Capital
- Daniel Robinson - Research Partner, Paradigm
- Jack Lu - US regional Investment Director, NGC Ventures
- Judy Yan - Managing Director, DHVC
- Maria Shen - Founding Team, Electric Capital
2:00pm-2:10pm: Opening remarks
2:10pm-2:30pm: Meet and greet/Networking
2:30pm-3:00pm: Building the Base Layer for DeFi + Q/A by Xiaohan Zhu, CEO at Meter
3:00pm-3:30pm: Panel discussion: The State of Decentralized Finance (DeFi) and the Road Ahead + Q/A
3:35pm-4:05pm: Panel discussion: The State of DeFi From a VC Perspective + Q/A
4:15pm-4:45pm: Demand Generation for DAI and Synthetic Assets + Q/A by Niklas Kunkel, Head of Backend Services at MakerDAO
4:50pm - 5:10pm: A Technical Overview of the Compound Protocol + Q/A by Calvin Liu, Strategy Lead at Compound
5:15pm-5:35pm: The Current Focus of Developers in the Crypto Ecosystem + Q/A by Maria Shen, Founding Team at Electric Capital
5:35pm-6:00pm: Closing Remarks/Networking
Join Meter, Compound, 0x, Maker, dy/dx and other prolific DeFi projects on August 22nd. Varied discussions on topics including stable coins, lending and decentralized exchanges.